Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

My birthday






Hello! I am currently sitting at home sick, trying to drink lots of fluids so I get better soon. I started to get sick a couple of days ago and then it got way worse yesterday which was my birthday. I felt better yesterday morning so I went to work but by the time I left work I was feeling awful. I got home and Gregg told me that he had to prepare for my birthday so he needed me out of the house. He told me to go and get a manicure and pedicure while he prepared. I felt so terrible that I actually declined going to get my nails and toes pampered. Instead, I went upstairs and laid down. He was so sweet and even though I was sick he still made my birthday so special. He cleaned the tub so I could take a bath in a freshly cleaned tub and he made me tea with lemon and honey. I normally don't like tea but it felt so good on my throat. Then he set me up in the bedroom with a movie and came up about every 30 minutes asking if I wanted anything else. He was running around the house so excited to make everything special. It was adorable. Then he called me down after my movie was over and had a romantic candlelight dinner ready with spaghetti and sparkling apple cider. It was so good. Then he told me to save room for desert and brought out the birthday cake he had made. He said it was pretty hard to find pink frosting so he searched everywhere for food coloring and made his own. Then he couldn't find funfetti cake mix (my favorite) so he got white cake mix and added sprinkles. I thought that was pretty clever of him. He did such a good job making my day special and he took so much pride in everything he did. You could tell that my reaction to each surprise meant the world to him. And not only did he do a great job on the meal and the cake, but he also did a great job picking out my presents all by himself. He got me an adorable trench coat, some Kate Spade rain boots, slipper socks and some fuzzy chenille socks. I definitely give him an A++++ for making my day so special!

4 comments:

  1. Awww sorry you aren't well. We are praying for you and baby.I'm glad Gregg made your day special.He has very good taste in gifts for you.Get plenty of rest and drink some more of that tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi and Gregg, I hope you get better fast. We are praying for you. And we love Gregg. He is a good man. I could learn from him on how to do a birthday. I'm a klutz.
    Love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you start feeling better soon but it sounds like that husband of yours is a keeper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Gregg! Sounds like your day was pretty special despite feeling sick - get better soon!

    p.s. I want those boots!

    ReplyDelete