Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

2009 Lectureship

Hello, today we went to the Hinchinbrooke House in Huntington, formerly owned by Oliver Cromwell. The 2009 lectureship was held there and the subject of the lectureship was "The Darwin Delusion".
It was an awesome lectureship with some really good speakers. It was an all day affair that they do once a year here where 5 men come over from the states and teach on various topics. It was great to meet brethren from surrounding churches and I found the lectures to be very uplifting. My faith was strengthened tremendously by hearing the proof there is of creation. Don't get me wrong, I have always believed that God created the heavens and the earth as it says in the Bible but hearing all of the evidence just blew me away.

There is absolutely no truth to Evolution. Anyways, I could go on and on about the things I learned but I will just say that it was excellent. We both really enjoyed it. Its funny because we drove and had the preacher from church with us who is also American and he told us that it would be best to leave the lectureship during lunch time and get something to eat because the food they serve is scary. He ended up being right so we went to McDonald's.

We had a nice day there and then one of the speakers from the lectureship, who is staying with us, took us out to dinner. We were a little afraid because it is British food but we had heard of a Mexican restaurant that really is very American and in so being, very yummy. We decided to try it and we were not disappointed.

We are tired from being out all day so we are just sitting around tonight, relaxing. Anyways, I think I am going to find my pajamas and slippers. I will write again soon! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Wow ya'll got to attend lectures in a castle. Lucky! Glad to hear you were uplifted .

    ReplyDelete